Course Title: CACFP Annual Training for Centers
Course Description: CACFP Annual Training is a 3 hour comprehensive online course designed to provide annual required training for site and sponsor staff participating in the CACFP. This course consists of six (6) lessons and five (5) programs:
- Lesson 1 – What is the CACFP?
- Lesson 2 – CACFP General Requirements
- Lesson 3 – Meal Components and Patterns
- Lesson 4 – Menus, Special Dietary Needs, and Food Safety
- Lesson 5 – Civil Rights
- Program 1 – CACFP Annual Training for Centers
- Program 2 – At-Risk Afterschool Programs
- Program 3 – Emergency Shelters
- Program 4 – Adult Care Centers
- Program 5 – Day Care Home Providers
Course ID: ODBT-210
Course Length: 3 hours. You may begin and complete the course at any time.
Brighton Training Group
434 Market Street, Suite 301
Lewisburg, PA 17837
Instructor Contact: This course is self-paced, not instructor led.
Requirements: Access to the Internet and a valid e-mail address.
Course Format: This course requires no face-to-face classroom instruction. Lessons will be available via the course web site. You will complete the course lessons whenever it is most convenient for you. You may work on lessons at any time of the day or night on any day of the week. This course is estimated to take 3 hours to complete. The course web site will track the completion of each lesson and assignment and you will be able to exit the course with out completing it and pick up where you left off at any time.
Estimated Time to Complete Each Lesson:
- Lesson 1 What is the CACFP? – 20 min.
- Lesson 2 CACFP General Requirements – 20 min.
- Lesson 3 Meal Components and Patterns – 30 min.
- Lesson 4 Menus, Special Dietary Needs, and Food Safety – 30 min.
- Lesson 5 Civil Rights – 30 min.
- Program 1 – CACFP Annual Training for Day Care Homes Providers – 30 min.
- Program 2 – At-Risk Afterschool Programs -15 min.
- Program 3 – Emergency Shelters – 15 min.
- Program 4 – Adult Care Centers – 15 min.
- Program 5 – Day Care Home Providers – 15 min.
- Recall the three CACFP performance standards
- Recognize eligible participants in the CACFP
- Identify the programs that are eligible to participate in the CACFP
- Identify the steps necessary to remain in compliance with CACFP regulations regarding training, claims submission and program oversight
- Recognize the standard meal pattern requirements for the CACFP
- Identify the minimum quantities of the required food components by age group
- Understand the menu requirements in the CACFP
- Identify how to adapt menus for Special Dietary Requirements
- Recall the most important principles of Food Safety
- The meaning of civil rights
- Who is required to have civil rights training
- Why civil rights are important
- What your civil rights responsibilities are
- Identify how a serious deficiency is determined
- Understand how a serious deficiency impacts CACFP participation
- Identify the records that must be collected and maintained by day care homes in order for your sponsor to claim reimbursement for meals in the CACFP.
Means of Developing Competencies:
- Online presentations with voice narration and interactivity
- Workbook that complements online course content
- Online resources available through internet links
- Downloadable resources
Course Completion Requirements:
In order to complete this course successfully, you must complete all of the course
assignments and score an 80% or higher on all quizzes.
After all lessons have been marked complete and you have scored an 80% or higher on all quizzes, return to the course outline and you will be able to click the Print Your Certificate button.
You may view and print the workbook. Printing the workbook is optional. You are not required to print it although it is recommended. The workbook serves as a good way to take notes with pen or pencil while viewing the presentations in each lesson.