For this project, Brighton designed and developed this 3 hour online training course for the Delaware Excellence in Early Childhood Education (DIEEC) at the University of Delaware. This sample video is from Lesson 1. The course includes the following lessons:
- Lesson 1 – Physical Activity for Infants and Toddlers
- Lesson 2 – What is the Infant Toddler Toolkit?
- Lesson 3 – Using the Toolkit: Birth to 12 Months
- Lesson 4 – Using the Toolkit: 12 to 24 Months
- Lesson 5 – Using the Toolkit: 24 to 36 Months
- Lesson 6 – Environments
- Lesson 7 – Nutrition and Physical Activity Self-Assessment for Child Care
Attention infant and toddler teachers! Have you ever struggled finding activities to do with your children? If so, you don’t want to miss this training. Using the Infant Toddler Toolkit is an online course that is designed to encourage participants to download and use the Toolkit on a regular basis. The course will show participants the format of the tool kit and how it can be used. The tool kit contains many developmentally appropriate, fun and meaningful activities that encourage movement and nutrition awareness for our youngest children in child care settings. Many activities “come to life” in this interactive, educational training. Teachers will learn the benefits of providing physical activities for infants and toddlers and their families. Each module contains classroom activities and a Healthy Home Connection to involve families.
This course is one part of the training & tracking system that Brighton hosts for the state of Delaware. The system is located at this url: