For this project, Brighton designed and developed this 3 hour online training course for the Delaware Excellence in Early Childhood Education (DIEEC) at the University of Delaware. This sample video is from Lesson 1. The course includes the following lessons:
- Lesson 1 – What is Positive Behavior Management?
- Lesson 2 – Quality Supportive Relationships With Children
- Lesson 3 – Positive Environments & Developmentally Appropriate Practice
- Lesson 4 – Your Role in Positive Behavior Management
- Lesson 5 – Strategies for Managing Behavior
- Lesson 6 – Nature and Physical Activity
This workshop centers around foundational concepts related to Positive Behavior Management and how to focus on positive behavior in programs in order to increase prosocial skills and reduce antisocial skills in children. It follows the guidelines as outlined in the Office of Child Care Licensing regulations with supporting guidance for following those regulations.
This course is one part of the training & tracking system that Brighton hosts for the state of Delaware. The system is located at this url: